q30's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy
q30 design provides a welcoming, diverse and accessible work environment to ensure that all employees, potential employees, clients and suppliers are treated with dignity.
We prize diversity of thought, experiences and skills and know that a space that promotes idea sharing and collaboration enables good design, creativity and innovation.
We do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of: age, caring responsibilities, disability, neurodiversity, family situation, gender expression, gender identity, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background.
What this means for our current and future staff:
All employees, no matter whether they are part-time, full-time, or temporary, are treated fairly and with respect. When selecting candidates for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, it is on the basis of their aptitude and ability. All employees are given help and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilise their unique talents.
q30 offers the following commitments to its staff:
- A supportive environment in which individual differences and contributions are recognised and valued.
- An environment that promotes dignity and respect.
- Training, development, and progression opportunities that are available to all staff.
- Support for voluntarism in both company and personal time to organisations that support an individuals' personal beliefs.
- Active, ongoing, and thoughtful promotion of equity in the workplace.
- Clear policies for anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can take positive action to correct the situation.
- Regular reviews of all our employment practices and procedures so that fairness is maintained at all times.
q30 design is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and we encourage application for employment by all, particularly women, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people with neurodiversity, people of different religious backgrounds, and/or people with intersectional identities.
What this means for our clients and visitors:
q30 extends its commitment to fostering a welcoming, respectful, and supportive environment to our engagements with our clients and other visitors to q30. We are always happy to provide accommodations in our working environment, meeting spaces, materials, and communications so that everyone who comes to our table (virtual or not) is able to participate equally.