Intermediate to Senior Designer, Brand and Digital
September 7, 2023
Permanent full time
As Intermediate to Senior Designer you will be responsible for conceptualisation and implementation of creative design solutions across mobile and desktop platforms as well as brand creation and application and editorial assignments. Your creative solutions will be varied and aim to fulfill the strategic ambitions of our clients through exceptional design. You will have a portfolio full of beautifully crafted, contemporary brand/digital/editorial projects for both public and private businesses of various sizes.
As Intermediate to Senior Designer you will work closely with VP Executive Creative Director, VP Brand and VP Digital in order to fulfill client and self initiated projects, taking direction and delegating tasks and responsibilities where needed. This may require playing a lead role on certain projects, supervising intermediate and junior designer(s) as well as any third party suppliers such as photographers, illustrators, animators, videographers, typesetters and web developers.
This position requires higher-level executive and client interaction skills as you will be expected to liaise directly with clients from time to time, taking briefs, feedback and presenting creative concepts on your own and/or part of a larger team.
35 hours per week, hybrid model with suggested minimum of 2 days per week at the studio location in Toronto’s west-end Junction Triangle area.
Pending experience and qualifications, a salary range between $60,000 and $85,000 annually, plus evaluated bonus, healthcare benefits and 3 weeks paid holiday (includes 5 to 7 days during Christmas and New Year office closure). q30 will also support your continuing education and training through the payment of approved educational opportunities, conferences etc.
Q30’s Principal, who will be responsible for employment terms and compensation. Your role will work closely with VP Executive Creative Director as well as VP Brand and VP Digital, depending upon project requirements.
Key skills and experience:
- 5+ years agency or design studio experience
- Experience translating brands into digital, print and editorial experiences
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong typographic skills
- Experience designing responsive websites and working with a UX and development team
- Comfortable utilizing Figma for digital design and prototyping
- Advance knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (mainly Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Strong knowledge of UI and UX design
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Resourceful, with the ability to make something from nothing or execute design engagements using existing brand standards
- Excellent data visualization ability
- Working knowledge of AODA requirements
- Animation and motion graphics experience considered an asset
Q30 provides a welcoming, diverse and accessible work environment to ensure that all employees, potential employees, clients and suppliers are treated with dignity.